On a day-to-day basis...
- you will research markets, industries, and companies to support Verdane’s investment strategy
- you will analyse complex data sets to identify key trends and insights that drive decisions for an investor
- you will get experience evaluating new investments and learning, from the ground-up, how a sector-specific private equity investor identifies, evaluates, and executes investments in a diverse set of companies
You will be a perfect fit to our corporate values when...
- We dare to be different: We are bold in our thinking and challenge the status quo. We treasure differences of opinion and value complementary perspectives as we seek creative solutions to complex problems.
- We get things done: We actively work to shorten decision making cycles, always completing our set tasks with quality. We prioritise what lies before us in order to ensure that everything we set out to accomplish is done well, rather than taking on too many things at once.
- We love what we do: We are genuinely committed and passionately curious, entrepreneurial in spirit and deed - the best idea wins.
- We respect people and the planet: We act with integrity and seek to build trust in all relations. We show responsibility and aspire to be on the right side of history, helping to move our industry towards more sustainable, long-term thinking.
We believe that…
- you are last year Bachelor-student or Master-student
- you are fluent in written and spoken English and at least one Nordic language
- you are an advanced Excel and PowerPoint user
- you have a passion for technology and entrepreneurship, combined with a genuine interest in learning more about private equity
- experience from entrepreneurship, management consulting or investment banking is meriting
Please send us your application before May 10th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like you to attach your CV, cover letter, references (if relevant) and grades from university/business school. Please specify in the subject row what office you are applying for.
For questions or further information, contact Jenny af Petersens on email@example.com or telephone +46 708 74 54 74.
Verdane funds provide flexible growth capital to fast-growing software, consumer internet, energy or high-technology industry businesses, through both majority and minority investments in individual companies and portfolios. Verdane funds act as ambitious, active and long-term owners, helping management teams and companies accelerate and sustain growth by leveraging the Verdane advisory team’s technology capabilities and proven track record in driving business value. Verdane funds’ current portfolio includes Boozt, EasyPark, Freespee, inRiver, MatHem, Mustad, Momox, Polytech and Trivec. Verdane Advisory Group has 38 employees working out of offices in Copenhagen, Helsinki, London, Oslo and Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.verdane.com
My Internship av Verdane: Mikaela Österberg
Working at Verdane’s Stockholm office parallel to my master studies in Finance at Stockholm School of Economics gives a great everyday balance between financial theory and real-life practice, which have many synergies.
The internship at Verdane offers a unique opportunity to gain insight into the main activities of a private equity investor; sourcing, investing in and building companies. During my over one year at Verdane I have been part of several live deals, screened investment opportunities and evaluated interesting market spaces. Being an intern at Verdane highly mirrors the work you would be doing as a full-timer. Typically, I am part of a deal team of 2-3 investment professionals doing the commercial assessment and material that our investment committee use as basis for an investment decision.
What I truly appreciate at Verdane is that you become part of the ‘Verdane family’, getting to know both junior and senior colleagues as you will work closely with both. Although we have different backgrounds, some being previous entrepreneurs while others have a consulting or banking background, the common denominator in the team is the everyone is highly ambitious and driven yet has a humble approach. The firm is characterized by low levels of hierarchy and trust in each employees’ capabilities, and from day one you get the responsibility to drive tasks quite independently.
I would highly recommend the internship if you are thrilled to get your head around different sectors, want to get a fuller understanding of the thinking of a private equity investor and insights into how to drive value in technology-enabled growth companies.
Plus, if you wish to become part of the friendliest firm in the industry.
My Internship at Verdane: Waltteri Rautakorpi
Combining my M.Sc. Finance studies at Aalto University School of Business with working as an intern at Verdane’s Helsinki office provided me with a great platform for personal and professional growth. Over the year that I worked at Verdane, I was able to balance the theoretical side of my studies with real-life cases, which greatly enhanced my understanding of the private equity industry, its practices, and the role it has in a broader macroeconomic context.
As an intern, your daily tasks cover a wide variety of activities from the screening of investments to participating in deal teams and building current portfolio companies. The tasks accurately reflect what being a full-timer is like. Your typical tasks depend on the projects you partake in, but a few examples include the evaluation of investment opportunities from strategical and financial perspectives as well as the preparation of internal materials for Verdane’s investment committee who uses them as the basis for investment decisions.
The sense of community and the welcoming culture of Verdane truly impressed me as I was able to quickly integrate into the Finnish team and Verdane as a whole. During the year, I gained a supportive network of knowledgeable and experienced colleagues who have diverse backgrounds from e.g., banking and management consulting. The Verdane way is to be ambitious, best-in-class, and passionate, yet humble—and this culture shows in everything that the firm is involved in. As an intern you will be given independency and responsibility very early on, which highlights the organization’s low levels of hierarchy and the significant trust it places on its employees and their abilities.
I would highly recommend the internship to anybody with an interest in learning more about the inner workings of private equity investors, and the creation of value through active ownership of technology-enabled companies in a multitude of business sectors. In addition, you will be able to work in a truly international and friendly environment in a highly respected private equity firm.